This story is minimal to Techwire Insider members.
Officers at an company serving two of the Bay Area’s nine counties are looking for assistance from IT businesses to improved inform how they give h2o to hundreds of hundreds of people.
In a ask for for proposals (RFP) unveiled April 13, the Sonoma County Drinking water Agency (Sonoma H2o) is wanting for a new computerized upkeep administration program (CMMS) and “related expert services.” The county desires to hear from providers “interested in offering method configuration, deployment, and relevant details migration and business method integration services” for its CMMS Replacement Challenge, in accordance to the RFP. It cautions, however: “This is not a bid process.” Among the takeaways:
- Sonoma H2o provides ingesting drinking water to much more than 600,000 residents of Sonoma and northern Marin counties. The company is also billed with upkeep of much more than 75 miles of streams across Sonoma County and operates numerous amenities to decrease any flood threat. The company also runs eight sanitation districts and zones. Sonoma H2o seeks a CMMS that fulfills its “functional wants, gives cellular abilities,” and can be implemented “with teaching and documentation supplied.” Lengthy-time period CMMS aims contain capturing “asset details attributes” for agency belongings earlier mentioned and below floor. A new CMMS ought to guidance managing individuals assets to manage them at cheapest lifecycle charge with envisioned support degrees. This method will change the current CMMS, which takes advantage of IBM’s Maximo, and really should have 30 to 40 whole buyers.
- Sonoma Water’s project overview is that it has “multiple techniques for controlling and preserving asset details,” and this undertaking will entail the implementation of “asset management practices to combine the offered information and facts to boost the determination-creating system for controlling these property.”
“Sonoma Water’s vision is to boost its course of action to attain trustworthiness centered maintenance, enterprise system interconnectedness, and enhance asset management company-vast,” the company reported in a assertion in the RFP. “Sonoma Water is in search of techniques to decrease labor demanded for asset upkeep, history holding, researching asset record data, benchmarking, reporting key functionality indicators, more comprehensive fiscal conclusion generating, assurance of regulatory compliance, justification for level will increase to the public, and other pertinent business asset management features.”
- The agency seeks an “integrated business off-the-shelf (COTS) packaged CMMS solution” needing few modifications. This approach, for every the RFP, is aimed at minimizing whole charge of ownership, optimizing process utilization, boosting response situations, and minimizing errors, manual labor and the use of spreadsheets and stand-alone programs. Sonoma Water also hopes to “expedite program implementation” and offer you the most productive, efficient route to ongoing routine maintenance and guidance. Built-in modules or practical spots picked out for the job consist of asset inventory and record tracking area ability/mobility stock administration reporting and dashboards and GIS.
- The agency’s small business targets in this implementation involve public safety, wellness, stability and financial effectively-remaining for prospects and stakeholders making information widely and conveniently offered automating repairs and routine maintenance escalating productivity when decreasing errors and standing up a program that satisfies know-how and architecture programs though integrating facts from other devices. Below, Sonoma Drinking water also would like to be ready to handle, monitor and report the overall performance of linear/dispersed and facility/devices belongings.
- Responses have to element similar do the job earlier done, with at minimum three references statements of skills and staff lists a record of any subcontractors a expenses breakdown which includes hourly fees for staff a description of job tactic — not revenue literature and a staffing system with estimated hrs. On functionalities, respondents need to explain how their program IDs belongings, which working methods can obtain the process by means of cell, what info is readily available by means of offline modes adaptability and historical readings in efficiency monitoring how labor and charges are involved to perform orders and a thorough description of query stories.
- The exact get started day, period and worth of a deal are not stated. Responses to the RFP are due by 2 p.m. May 11.