The headphone war has surely started. KEF right now joins the fray of large-conclude audio organizations getting into the struggle for wi-fi sound cancelling headphone supremacy. KEF joins the British entrance presently led by Bowers & Wilkins, who launched two luxurious products this year, the Px7 S2 and Px8. Just very last week France stormed into the guide with Focal’s Bathys, which went toe-to-toe with America’s, Mark Levinson No. 5909. Meanwhile, the Germans have been teasing an even pricier model from T+A that has yet to come out.
Currently we learned KEF has launched their first wi-fi noise cancelling about-ear headphone identified as the Mu7, which are expected to sell for $399 USD in possibly silver grey or charcoal.
Even with at any time expanding headphone prices, KEF is preserving matters comparatively inexpensive. Apparently, their $399 price tag level is the very same as the Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2, Sony WH-1000XM5 and Sennheiser Momentum 4. Nonetheless, from appears to be like alone I’d say KEF is likely right after the AirPods Max customer.
The Mu7 were being developed by Ross Lovegrove, who formerly worked with KEF on the flagship Muon loudspeakers, Muo portable speakers, and Mu3 earphones.
The KEF Mu7 headphones boast precision-engineered, ergonomic aluminium building. A light-weight, strong headband delivers a snug acoustic seal, with negligible ear pressure. The memory foam ear pads mould to the form of the head, increasing each passive and active noise cancellation and bass response. A swivel place over the ear cups enables the headphones to be rotated and flattened, ideal for compact transport.
A capacitive touchpad on the proper ear cup lets customers to solution calls, skip tracks and regulate volume via a collection of intuitive faucets and swipes. Lovegrove notes that “If you are sporting a individual variety of headphones, they are an extension of you. Properly, what is the best interface? Your finger. It is like putting your hand about your ears, there is this gestural class.”
Tailor made tuned by the KEF engineering professionals, the Mu7 headphones integrate improved codec know-how to produce KEF’s quickly recognisable high-resolution audio high-quality, wirelessly. In every of the shut-back earcups sits a comprehensive-selection dynamic driver for a pristine audio general performance that reveals even the most delicate acoustic facts.
Complex Clever Lively Sound Cancellation know-how makes use of a number of filters to seize environmental audio, ahead of implementing a specialised algorithm to concentrate on individual frequencies. For arms-cost-free mobile phone phone calls, Very clear Voice Capture (cVc) isolates the voice of the speaker and minimizes all other sound picked up by the microphone, ensuring crystal apparent calls no matter of the natural environment.
- Clever Active Sounds Cancellation monitors the surroundings and removes external sound under unique environments
- 40mm full assortment dynamic driver engineered to reveal the smallest specifics of your favourite music
- Higher-resolution seem up to 24bit/48kHz by using Qualcomm® aptX™ Hd codec
- Supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX High definition
- Bluetooth 5.1 for exceptionally secure connections with equally iOS and Android gadgets
- Intuitive touch regulate of audio and calls with easy swipes and taps
- Ergonomic design for consolation and fit
- Precision-engineered aluminium body
- Breathable leatherette memory foam ear cushions
- Apparent Voice Seize (cVc) for crystal clear voice phone calls
- Fold flat for easy carrying and storage
- Up to 40-hour use at entire demand (Bluetooth and ANC enabled)
- Speedy charging of 15 mins for 8-hour use
Rate & Availability
The KEF Mu7 wireless sound cancelling over-ear headphones will be out there for $399 in Silver Gray and Charcoal.
Relevant Online video: Best Wi-fi ANC Headphones 2022 (YouTube)